Monday, March 7, 2011

To Do List...

A few years ago I had the bright idea to start making skateboards again using the old Bozi Board designs that had been leftovers and sitting in the garage. One of these boards was the "Cruiser" model, handmade from birch plywood and now has the tattoo graphic on it. I also grabbed one of the "Mad Bomber II" models that were made and had a local wood shop template the shape for me. The MB.II was a concaved board made from 11 or 13 ply maple depending on preference, and then later turned into a third model made with maple and a ply of "M-core", a material commonly found in snowboards. The skateboards that I had produced were a simple combination of the first and second models, flat with no concave, but possessing the updated shape of the MB.II.

Within the next few weeks I plan on having these skateboards done and up for sale on Etsy, with the rest of my work. Along with a few more paintings for the Motorcycle Series hopefully.

Going back to school has really impacted the way that I see color, forms, space, etc... Same as what I wrote about last time. So tonight I'm going to be going through some magazines and finding colors to mix up just for practice, and it's surprisingly more involved than I thought. Should be a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment