Friday, April 15, 2011

Sometimes I Cheat with Painting

Tonight I wanted to start three new watercolor paintings for a bike builder in California. The way that I had done this before was by using a photograph and printing it onto 8.5"x 11" paper, scribbling on the back with charcoal or graphite, then tracing the image (drawing directly onto the printed image) and lifting it off the illustration board. This would transfer dry media from the printed photo to the illustration board and made it very easy for me to ink the picture and begin painting watercolors in, with only an hour or two spent tracing.

Unfortunately the printer ran out of color ink and only printed black... LAME... So I ventured to the local ink store and got the toner cartridges for a solid $40. I also picked up deodorant for the little brother, so if he smells nicer next time you see him, think of me.

I ran home and tried printing out the photograph again to make a transfer and much to my delight, the black ink cartridge ran out... SOOOOOOOO LAAAAAAAME...

I'll be making another run to the store tomorrow for more ink and will most likely be taking some pictures along the way to show the process :)

Also, it looks like this Saturday is going to be rainy and foggy, so I probably won't be flying a plane tomorrow. I'll have to call the airpark and reschedule for Sunday. This weekend is going to be interesting to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment