Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Just a Little Note

To anyone that reads or likes to keep up with my blog and/or work, Thank You :)

The summer class that I've been taking is one of the few that I have left to complete my first Undergraduate degree. The work that I've been doing is new territory for me, but overall I'm happy with it. After the summer semester is over I plan on taking some of these projects a bit further. Sculpture and Three Dimensional Art are both still new to me, but thanks to some cool people that I've been working with for the past while, I think that completing these will be much easier.

The last project that I had completed was a "Box Lamp", the assignment was to create a free standing piece of work that would also serve a functional purpose. It's hard to explain how it looks, but just know that it's really awesome, I think I may do another one or two in different colors, and that it has a nice Edison style bulb. I'll be picking up the lamp on Thursday from the College and posting some nicer pictures once I have them edited.

My next project is one that Architecture people will like, redesigning an area of the college's quad surrounding a circular mosaic of our school mascot. Unfortunately I don't get to use the cool miniature trees and grass like a real model, it's all made from paper, foam core, and cardboard. I may not post the model itself, but for the presentation aspect of the assignment I'll have a larger sized concept drawing, so look forward to that :)

Thanks again for putting up with my inconsistent postings, and for looking around at the blog, my deviantart pages, and also the new site www.zenangel13.com

No comments:

Post a Comment