Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Painting my Fender - Part 1

So today I got a little bored and with the lack of finances to go buy every cool motorcycle part under the sun, I decided instead to paint my GSXR fender, which has been in need of some refreshing since I rescued it from Ebay.

I forgot to snap a photo of the fender before I started, but here it is after a light scuff.



Satin Black is a nice color. It also just so happens to be one of the fullest cans in the garage, so it works out nicely :) Krylon is awesome, and this paint is specifically for plastics which helps in the adhesion process and will hopefully wear a bit more gracefully over time. (Yes the picture is upside-down... I know... just turn your head to read the can, or pick up a small child by their ankles and have them read it to you)


One thing about the Krylon Fusion paint I really like is that you can do dust coats and it dries in just a few minutes. So after three dust coats with about 15 minutes of dry in between each one, I finally sprayed on one thicker coat (really it's a light or light-medium thick coat) and it's currently drying in the sun.

So now I'm going to check it again and if it's dry then it's getting wet sanded. Be back in a bit with more of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment