Thursday, September 30, 2010

Righteous!

There's a local coffee shop on Main Street here in Mount Airy, MD and the owner and I have talked a little bit over the phone and online. She's really nice and really enthusiastic about art of any kind.

The deal with her is that she met my Mom in Wal-Mart (we're rednecks, don't judge) and they talked for a bit. She told her about my Dad building motorcycles and our friend Chris being an airbrush and pinstripe artist, then made sure to mention me and the whole drawing and painting thing. The owner of the coffee shop (Vintage Coffee) Michelle was really interested and got my Mom to tell us all about taking some pictures and emailing her about hanging up artwork in her shop.

After about a month of going back and forth and people's schedules getting hectic and topsy turvy, I finally got an appointment with her today and she took five paintings! YEAH I KNOW RIGHT?!

Haha, that made my day :) This weekend is Fall Fest too, so she's gonna put the artwork out on the street to try and A) bring people to the coffee shop and B) sell my junks and stuffs

:D I love that woman, it's the first time since high school that I've been able to display work in public and the first time EVER that I've been asked to sell! If you're in Maryland this weekend, send me a note or an email or something if you're interested in seeing all the local music and artwork from Mount Airy

WOOT WOOT!

2 comments: