Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bike Show Survived!

We all survived the Motorcycle Show in Timonium, MD this past weekend. There was a very mellow crowd and some great people that came. Thank you so much to the friends, family, new acquaintances, and the gnarly old bikers for supporting us, our bikes, our art, and making this such an awesome experience! We'll be back next year!

Here's the skateboard that got done at the Bike Show. I was very happy with how this turned out, and there will be more to come :)


The clear coat that I'm using to seal the bottom effected the lighting in the picture, but I thought it looked nice and made the grain of the wood "pop". The top of the board will most likely remain blank as it is now, but will still get the same stain and clear coat treatment using a nice natural wood color and the lacquer clear.

Hopefully I should be completely done with this thing by the weekend, that is if I don't wet sand it and buff it. That all depends on how smooth the finish is before sanding. If it's cooperating then I'll leave it, however if there are a few bumps or rough patches, it get the sand paper and a buffer wheel :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment