Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I had off work today... so I worked at home

Remember this? Project "Give Me Speed" no has a nice, steel hanging bar on the back, and it was also dropped off today for powder coat. The Next time you see this, it will look completely different...


I also made a nice helmet badge from brass today for a half helmet. The brass acts a little different than the copper, it'll definitely take some practice to get totally used to the different metals.


Another thing I've been wanting to do for a long time is try to work leather into a 3-dimensional thing. I saw an old B&W photograph online (Jockey Journal??) of two boardtrackers or flattrackers with leather face masks on, but the leather was molded to look like a real face, not like a MotoX helmet. Seemed pretty interesting so I tried it....


After I dried the leather and trimmed it, this is what I came up with.....


Not perfect, but I'll take it... The biggest problem is that I had wet the leather before checking which side was inside or out, and I totally did it inside-out. GO ME!! Whatever, this was hard, I wanted to do it, it worked for the purposes I intended, therefore I win. :)

Now, I'm making pizza. Today was well-spent playing hooky from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment