Monday, January 7, 2013

Old Helmet, New Blingy Things

Tonight I got back to the "I need to do something right now" mood, and kept up with trying some more metal etching with copper. I have an old Vega helmet (I don't recommend them, they're awful lids) that I used for a while when I was in my teens. My Dad took it and has been using it for the past few years, until I got him a shiny new replacement :)

While my Dad was still using this helmet though, my sister took it one night and started gold leafing it when he wasn't looking, nothing serious, just practicing stuff she saw us doing. So this helmet has become our "tester" for try cool artsy stuff.

New copper "wing" badges to fit inside the "speed lines" across the chin bar. Managed to figure out a super secret way to attach them without the use of screws (cough cough, double-sided tape cough cough!!) Don't tell anybody how I did it, they might try it and be better at it ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment